Ever built a custom gaming computer?
Well, now you can!
If you are on a limited budget, for around $1500, I believe you can put together a rather nice, higher-end gaming system, featuring near top-of-the-line components from Intel and NVIDIA.
Here’s a list of top-grade inexpensive components from Corsair I would use for my gaming system:
Before you begin, follow those pointers on How to Build a Gaming Computer.
Corsair Carbide Series 200R Compact ATX Case
- With 90% steel construction for superior durability.
- Simple interior layout with cable management.
- Complete with USB 3.0 and HD Audio.
- Kraken ready for liquid coolers.
- Detailed engineering in a compact size.
GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3 Motherboard
- Supports 4th and 5th Generation Intel Core processors
- Extreme multi graphics support
- HD Audio support
- LAN with high ESD Protection
- GIGABYTE LAN Optimizer
- Long lifespan Durable Solid caps
- APP Center including EasyTune and Cloud Station utilities
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS
Corsair Vengeance Pro Series - 2 x 8GB DDR3 Memory
- Performance and stability
- Great for overclocking
- Eight-layer PCBs and ICs
- Aluminum heat spreaders
- 9-10-9-27 latency
Corsair Force LS Series 240 GB SSD
- Cool and quiet, with low power consumption
- Sleek and lightweight 7mm drive
- High-performance SSD Controller
- Static and dynamic wear-leveling
- Error Correction Code
- Compatible with Corsair SSD Toolbox
- 3 years warranty
Corsair CS Series 750 Watt Power Supply
- 4th generation Intel Core processor Ready
- 80PLUS Gold certified, with over 92% energy efficiency
- Low-profile, flat modular cable design
- Active Power Factor Correction with PF value of 0.99
- 3 year warranty and Corsair lifetime support access
Corsair Hydro Series High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
- New SP120L fan offers lower noise and better performance
- Improved micro-fin copper cold plate for superior heat dissipation
- Low evaporation, large diameter tubing offers decreased resistance and improved flexibility
- Pre-filled, never needs refilling
- Easy install magnetic mounting bracket
- Low-profile pump for easy installation and better airflow
- Low-profile black aluminum heat exchanger
- 5 years warranty
Microsoft Windows 7 x64Bit
- Windows 7 ULT x64 gives you the power to quickly browse, watch movies, play games, polish your resume, and pull together a killer presentation – all on a single PC!
- The apps you want for e-mail, people, photos and video editing, you can also download thousands of popular apps from the Windows Store
- Windows 7 is rock solid and performance is excellent
- Operating system is eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 10
ASUS PB278Q 27inch WQHD Monitor
- 27″ 2560×1440 WQHD resolution PLS LED backlit display to provide 178-degree viewing angle
- 100% sRGB color reproduction for true color definition
- Extensive connectivity options with HDMI, DisplayPort, and dual-link DVI
- Advance OSD controls and QuickFit technology which puts commonly-used layout formats directly on screen
- Ergonomically designed with full tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustments and VESA-mountable
If you’re on Windows 7 or Windows 8.1
If you just want to upgrade to Windows 10 (USB hard copy available), first things first, BACKUP everything you want to keep on your PC. You’ll need to upgrade to Windows 10 first before a clean install. This is the safest way to ensure Windows 10 recognizes your product key and upgrades you correctly. You can do a clean installion without the upgrade path, but Microsoft does warn it might not be able to detect the product key from your PC’s motherboard. That means upgrading the supported way, and not with an ISO. There are two ways to do this officially and retain your license and activation properly. Use Microsoft’s method to bypass the activation. Visit Microsoft’s Windows 10 download page and select the 32-bit or 64-bit installer that’s relevant to your current operating system. Once the tool opens you’ll have two options: upgrade this PC now or create installation media for another PC. Select upgrade this PC and follow the prompts.
Final Completed Build
With a powerful processor, high-performance memory and super-fast SSD in a steel construction durable case, you can build a gaming system that will be the envy of your friends.